Saturday, May 14, 2005

Welcome to whine country.

What you heard is true. I live in California wine country suckin' up the sun, crushing grapes with my feet I Love Lucy style and generally living well in this idyllic, tiny, boring town.

There's a saying at this bar in Sonoma -- welcome to wine country, have a beer. That pretty much sums it up. Understand?

Well anyway, I'm going to mess with this blogger thing. I've got some plans to whine about the upcoming star wars film, in general how the town of Napa is way lamer than New York City, and how the lack of rain and sunshine just drives me nuts. (Actually I haven't been in California long enough for that to be true -- I hear it takes a couple of years.)

But for now, I have to go to Home Depot in the suburban sprawl strip mall and get some mulch and high-nitrogen fertilizer, then plant my tomatoes while there's still time.

Cheers,
Ethan

No comments: