Saturday, August 19, 2006

Dude --

Check this out. That's right, another blog with the same name, from the same place, with way more posts than mine. This can lead to only one conclusion: my blog name is totally weak. Oh well. It may be too late.

So I've started a new project: I'm going to try to make a chronological chart of my material obsessions over the past few years. After all, the impetus to change career and get into the wine business started off as an obsession with food and wine beginning in 2002-2003; since then I've been obsessed (as documented by purchases) with: handmade persian rugs, coffee and espresso equipment and autombobiles. There were also occasional flare-ups of some "background" obsessions: hi-fi audio, guitars, and computer gear.

The real difficulty of this is finding a good way to graph the intensity of the obsessions in addition to when they are active. I think we may also do a chart for Brett's obsessions: moving to Europe, Swedish handicrafts, being an artist, etc. I believe that this exercise will be most informative.

2 comments:

Kabber said...

Oph great graph to have. I think I will try one as well. Dont forget to get the curve representing the cash in the bank, and see how as it goes low, more time is spent looking at stranger items. Dont sweat the double whine country. Your whines the best.

Anonymous said...

you were first on google. YOu beat the movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0285328/